The purpose of the Communication Skills workshop is to improve your ability to communicate in person, over the phone, and via email. Because email has become a preferred way to communicate in the business world, we will provide many practical tips about how to write effective emails, as well as when email is not appropriate. Participants will learn how to communicate effectively with different people and situations, including internal communication with colleagues as well as external communication with customers, suppliers, and others.
The Communication Skills workshop content, duration and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching.
Who Should Attend?
Because communication skills are so fundamental and important, any employee can benefit from this workshop. The Communication Skills workshop is especially valuable for anyone who communicates externally, such as with customers and suppliers.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Communication Challenges and Barriers — Today’s fast-paced business world presents many challenges that get in the way of effective communication, such as multi-tasking and lack of time. The workshop will provide solutions on how to address these challenges.
- Analyzing your Audience and Setting Clear Objectives — You will learn a simple and effective way to set clear, appropriate objectives based on the person/audience to whom you will communicate. The best communicators plan in advance their desired goals and outcomes.
- Questioning and Listening Skills — One characteristic of outstanding communicators is the ability to be an active listener and ask appropriate questions. This workshop teaches many practical skills to help you become a better listener and to plan and ask great questions.
- Telephone and Email Communication Skills — Guidelines for communicating over the telephone and with email will be emphasized since these two modes of communication have become so prevalent. You will learn when email is most appropriate and when not to use email.
- Communicating with Difficult People — Learn various tips and techniques for dealing with difficult people and situations such as customer objections, demanding colleagues, and other challenging situations such as low reactors.