Effective influence doesn’t just happen! How do you get people to buy into your ideas and your needs? Being able to accurately read situations, individuals and groups, and applying the appropriate type of influence behavior are the keys to becoming successful at influencing. Influence is the ability to have others take a desired action while building and maintaining the relationship. The ability to influence others whom you have no direct control over is a must. In the Influence Skills workshop participants will learn influence strategy and behaviors and how to plan and prepare for important influence opportunities.
The Influence Skills workshop content, duration and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching.
Who Should Attend?
The Influence Skills workshop is designed for individual contributors, team leaders and team members, project leaders, customer service people, and anyone who needs to get things done through others.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Influence Planning — A planning process to summarize what you know about the influence situation and help select the specific behaviors that will accomplish your goals and objectives. The ability to set an overall influence strategy that takes into consideration both your task objectives and relationship objectives.
- Influence Model — Introduction to a model representing the use of four general approaches to influence and ten specific influence behaviors.
- Influence Flexibility — Tips and guidelines on how to use various influence behaviors and when to vary your behavior to fit the situation. Techniques to help increase effectiveness in overcoming resistance and resolving conflict.
- Influence Strengths — A survey questionnaire and structured feedback exercises will be used to identify your strengths as an influencer.
- Team Influence — Influencing teams presents both additional opportunities as well as challenges, and the workshop will address both these aspects.
- Influence Application — A planning process gives each participant an opportunity to apply the influence concepts to an actual work situation.