Key Account Management
Why is key account management so critical today? Consider these factors: More sales revenue comes from fewer accounts yet many companies don’t manage these key accounts well. Intense internal cost pressure exists in the management and allocation of your internal resources. The role of top salespeople has changed to become more strategic and team-oriented. You can no longer sell just on price and relationships but must provide value to your key accounts.
The primary purpose of the Key Account Management workshop is to improve your ability to protect and grow your business with your key accounts. You also can use the skills and concepts in the workshop to develop other customers into key accounts for your company.
The Key Account Management workshop content, duration and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching.
Who Should Attend?
Key Account Management is designed for experienced salespeople responsible for managing key accounts. In addition, anyone involved in the sales process with your key accounts, such as sales managers, technical support, and senior level managers, will benefit from this workshop. It works well to send intact teams that interact with a particular key account.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Sales Strategies for Key Accounts — Key account management requires that you be more strategic as a sales professional. We will highlight various sales strategies that should be implemented with your key accounts.
- Planning and Asking IDEAL® Questions — Questioning and listening skills are essential to identifying sales opportunities and developing an account strategy. We will teach and brainstorm a list of great questions.
- Developing Customer Value Propositions — Improve your ability to develop and quantify value propositions that capitalize on your company’s strengths and take advantage of your competitor’s weaknesses.
- Gaining Access and Selling to Higher Level Decision Makers — Learn to apply guidelines on identifying, gaining access, and selling to decision makers/influencers. We will emphasize how to present a clear and compelling sales message.
- Negotiating with Key Accounts — You are more likely to negotiate with key accounts than with smaller customers. We will introduce some key concepts about how to plan and execute a win/win negotiation strategy.
- Team Selling at Key Accounts(optional module): Because of the scope and complexity at some key accounts, team selling may be required. We will discuss practical tips and techniques to become more effective as a sales team.
- Developing an Account Strategy — Learn a planning process that you can use to develop the optimal sales strategy for each key account. A post-workshop planning tool is included.