Key Account Management for Managers
Why is key account management so critical today? Consider these factors: More sales revenue comes from fewer accounts yet many companies don’t manage these key accounts properly. Intense internal cost pressure exists in the management and allocation of your internal resources. The role of top salespeople has changed to become more strategic and team-oriented. You can no longer sell just on price and relationships but must provide value to your key accounts.
The primary purpose of the Key Account Management for Managers workshop is to improve the ability of managers to initiate, implement, and manage a key account program for their organization.
The workshop content, duration and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching.
Who Should Attend?
The Key Account Management for Managers workshop is intended for sales managers, senior level managers, and anyone else who is involved in initiating and managing the key account management program for your company.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Sales Management Challenges: We will highlight challenges that sales leaders often face when initiating and implementing a key account management program. Discussion and small group activities will be used to develop solutions to specific challenges that you expect to encounter with your key account management.
- Sales Strategies for Key Accounts — Key account management requires that the sales force be more strategic. We will highlight various sales strategies that sales managers can coach their sales professionals to implement.
- Planning and Asking IDEAL® Questions — Questioning and listening skills are essential to identifying sales opportunities and developing an account strategy. We will teach and brainstorm a list of great questions.
- Developing Customer Value Propositions — Improve the ability of the sales team to develop and quantify value propositions for each key account that capitalizes on your company’s strengths and takes advantage of your competitor’s weaknesses.
- Gaining Access and Selling to Higher Level Decision Makers —Learn and apply guidelines on how to identify, gain access, and sell to the decision makers and influencers at key accounts.
- Negotiating with Key Accounts — You are more likely to negotiate with key accounts than with smaller customers. We will introduce some key concepts about how to plan and execute a win/win negotiation strategy.
- Developing an Account Strategy — Learn a planning process that managers can use with each salesperson to develop the optimal sales strategy for each key account.