Leading with Influence
The ability to influence others, especially when you have no direct control, is an essential leadership skill. Effective influence doesn't just happen. This workshop addresses how you can get executives, colleagues, salespeople, customers, suppliers and others to buy into your ideas, support them, and implement plans.
The purpose of the Leading with Influence workshop is to become more versatile and successful at using a variety of influence approaches and planning for important influence situations. We will highlight how sales managers can use influence skills and techniques to perform critical tasks such as varying your coaching style with salespeople and influencing internally for resources.
Leading with Influence workshop content, duration and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching.
Who Should Attend?
All sales managers will benefit from the Leading with Influence workshop. In addition, other managers are encouraged to attend who need to use influence to get things done through others.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Influence Model — Learn and use an influence model that consists of 4 positive approaches to influence and 10 specific influence behaviors, with emphasis on how to generate buy-in and commitment from others.
- Influence Strengths and Varying Influence Approaches for Different People — Identify each person’s influence strengths and areas for improvement using a pre-work questionnaire, after which you will learn how and when to vary your influence behavior with different people.
- Influencing Internally and Upward — Improve your ability to influence internally, especially to senior management, which is a crucial skill for sales leaders when you need to be an internal advocate for your sales professionals.
- Influence Planning — Understand and follow an influence planning process so that you can quickly develop an overall influence strategy that takes into consideration both your task objectives and relationship objectives.
- Overcoming Resistance — Learn a variety of practical tips and techniques that can help you to become more effective in overcoming resistance and dealing with difficult people.
- Coaching and Developing Your Sales Team — Learn which influence behaviors are most applicable when coaching your sales team and how to vary your coaching style depending on the situation and specific salesperson.
- Influence Application — Work on real-life influence situations both days and brainstorm and discuss these situations with other sales leaders.