Sales Presentation Skills
Preparing for and giving a sales presentation is similar to making a sales call, yet many salespeople become apprehensive when asked to give a formal presentation to a customer. The Sales Presentation Skills workshop teaches how to give a great sales presentation while addressing and avoiding common mistakes.
The purpose of the Sales Presentation Skills workshop is to improve your ability to plan and deliver a professional sales presentation. We will highlight sales presentation skills and techniques that will help you to create a positive impression with the customer and other audience members and advance the sale.
The Sales Presentation Skills workshop content, duration, and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching. Spanish sales training workshops and Spanish one-on-one coaching services available.
Who Should Attend?
Sales Presentation Skills is intended for newer sales professionals and sales support personnel. More experienced sales professionals and sales managers should attend the Presenting with Impact workshop.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Benchmark Sales Presentation — Provide each participant, using a real life sales presentation, with an assessment of his or her natural strengths and areas for improvement in making sales presentations by filming and critiquing him or her on the first morning.
- Setting Objectives for Sales Presentations — Understand four main types of objectives for sales presentations and how to select the most appropriate objective by using a customer-focused analysis and planning process.
- Organizing the Content of a Sales Presentation — Learn three main parts of a sales presentation and organize your message accordingly, including how to use the best attention-getting opening remarks that link to your objective.
- Designing and Using Visual Aids — Increase your PowerPoint slide proficiency and creativity for using additional types of visual aids that work well in sales presentations.
- Delivery Skills — Learn how to deliver your sales presentation in the most impactful way, including specific advice to help you avoid making common mistakes such as poor eye contact and distracting gestures.
- Application to Real Life Sales Presentations — Apply all the skills to a second sales presentation that will be filmed and critiqued on the afternoon of the second day.
Online Training Option: The Essential Selling Skills online series, which includes nearly 6 hours of online sales training, focuses on the skills needed to sell effectively in today's business environment and provides practical tools to help you become a more consultative and value oriented sales professional.