Train the Trainer
Consider the tangible and intangible benefits of teaching a sales workshops with your own instructors:
- Your instructor can use relevant examples that pertain exactly to your business. Many sales professionals learn best when the concept being taught is reinforced by a practical example. Internal instructors can excel at this because they know your company, products, services, and competitors.
- Feedback to participants can be provided from both a skills and business perspective. For example, suppose you are teaching questioning skills to participants. An internal instructor can provide feedback to a salesperson about the skill of asking questions and also include some specific examples of questions based on his/her experience in selling your products.
- Managers and other employees can use trainer training as a development opportunity. There is a lot of truth in the saying that "…if you want to learn something, teach it to someone else.” STAR has seen firsthand how managers and others have sharpened their own selling and management skills as a result of teaching workshops inside their own organization.
- You save on the cost of using an external instructor. After you certify your own instructors, you only pay STAR for the workbooks and other workshop materials. You no longer have to pay teaching fees and travel expenses for an external instructor.
STAR's Trainer Training Resources
- STAR has many resources that you can use to become certified as an instructor for any of our workshops such as:
- Trainer training tutorials that are designed for each trainer candidate based on the trainer’s specific development needs
- Easy-to-use and comprehensive Leader Guides (Leader Guide Sample)
- Recorded webinars that an instructor can use to refresh some of the key teaching concepts
- Complete set of PowerPoint slides that can be modified by the instructor
- Co-training, if desired, the first time that the trainer teaches a workshop·
- 1-on-1 coaching by a STAR consultant to help the trainer candidate prepare for and debrief an upcoming workshop