Time Management for Sales
Successful sales professionals manage their "selling time” well while average sellers do not. The purpose of the Time Management for Sales workshop is to learn how to efficiently utilize the time available for high gain sales activities and take maximum advantage of the finite amount of face-to-face selling time. By contrast, average sellers make common mistakes such as calling too frequently on the wrong accounts and not prioritizing their sales tasks and activities. The workshop will address how to minimize or eliminate these common mistakes and other sales time wasters.
Unlike a general workshop on time management, the Time Management for Sales workshop will highlight tips and techniques that are pertinent to sales professionals. For example, each participant will assess his/her own time and territory requirements needed to provide the optima amount of time to spend with different customers and completing critical sales goals such as new business development.
The Time Management for Sales workshop content, duration, and delivery options can be customized for your company and primary audience. STAR provides a full line of customized sales and sales management workshops, offering instructor-led training, online training, and sales coaching. Spanish sales training workshops and Spanish one-on-one coaching services available.
Who Should Attend?
Time Management for Sales is especially well-suited for newer sales professionals in order to build good time management habits early in a sales career. However, any level of sales professional will benefit from this workshop. It also works well if a sales manager takes this workshop and then teaches the concepts to his/her sales team.
Workshop Topics and Objectives
- Fundamental Principles of Time Management for Sales Professionals — Learn the most common challenges that sales professionals face with time management and some core principles to become more effective and efficient.
- Planning and Setting Sales Priorities — Understand and then apply a system for setting sales priorities, including planning forms that can be used as post-workshop resources.
- Pipeline Management for New Business Development — Apply the metrics of new business development to your sales territory to quantify the number of sales calls needed to achieve your sales goals for winning new business.
- Territory Analysis — Learn a straightforward, 4-step process to categorize and allocate the optimal amount of time to your most critical accounts and new business opportunities.
- Identifying and Minimizing Sales Time Wasters — Select the sales time wasters that are most pertinent to your sales territory and then learn some practical ways to either eliminate or minimize these time wasters.