The Best Salespeople Distinguish Themselves by Asking Clever Questions!
Quite simply, the best salespeople ask better questions than average sellers do. This month's blog will focus on clever questions that successful salespeople ask. In total, these questions can help sales professionals to do the following things:
• To identify all the decision makers and influencers
• To explore for a potential sales opportunity with a customer who is satisfied with their current provider/supplier
• To gauge the urgency of the customer's desire to take action
• To assess which product or service is most appropriate for a particular customer
• To surface any unexpressed objections
“Who else is involved in this decision?”
“If you could change one thing about your current situation, what would it be?”
“What have you already done about resolving this problem or issue?”
“Which of these three product lines (or services) would work out best for you?”
“What if we do the following…?”
The above questions are taught as part of STAR's trademarked IDEAL ® Questioning Model which is featured in many of our workshops, including our Questioning and Listening for Sales Opportunities online webinar
. Watch for our next issue of the STAR Newsletter
where we'll discuss more on the topic of “clever questions”.
We'd like to hear from you about the questions you ask during sales calls. What are your favorite questions to ask and why? We'd love to see this blog full of your responses and suggestions for even more successful and clever sales questions.